B.Pharmacy Admission 2023: Bachelor of Pharmacy commonly known as B. Pharma is a 4 years undergraduate degree program that can be pursued after passing class 12th exams. Though if one wishes to make his/ her career as a pharmacist, it is mandatory to have knowledge of Science and its related subjects, therefore candidates must have studied science subjects in their qualifying examination. The course deals with the methods and process of medication dispensing and drug preparation. Those students who have successfully passed Class 12th board exam with mandatory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics (PCBM) along with 50% scores in aggregate or equivalent CGPA will further apply for B.Pharmacy course.
Through this course, students become well familiar with the manufacturing and production of drugs and their circulation across the country. After pursuing the B Pharmacy course, candidates can get jobs in various fields such as Drug Inspector, Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical Scientist, Drug Counsellor, Clinical Research Associate, Quality Control Associate, and Medical writer. Admission to the B.Pharmacy course is done on the basis of various entrance exams and merit as decided by the university or institute itself. Let’s collect more information about B.Pharmacy Course in India 2023 as provided in the article below.
B.Pharmacy Course in India 2023 Highlights
|Course Name||B.Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy)|
|B. pharma full form||Bachelors in Pharmacy|
|Duration of B pharm course||4 Years|
|B Pharmacy eligibility||10+2 with a minimum an aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Mathematics|
|Regulatory Body||Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)|
|Popular Entrance Exams||UPSEE, KCET, IPU CET, WB JEE, MH CET|
|B. Pharma Fees||INR 40,000-1,00,000|
|B.Pharmacy Salary||INR 3,00,000–5,00,000|
|Courses after B pharma||M. Pharmacy, PG Diploma in Pharmacy, MBA in Pharmaceutical Management|
|B.Pharmacy Job Profiles||Drug Inspector, Pharmacist, Wholesaler, Quality Assurance Associate|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
B.Pharmacy Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms for B.Pharmacy courses depend on university to university. However, the basic eligibility criteria for the same are elaborately discussed in the points below:
- Students who have successfully passed class 12th board exams with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized educational board are eligible to apply.
- Apart from this, they are required to have cleared 12th exams with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics subjects at their +2 level.
- After satisfying all the eligibility criteria, students are required to appear for the entrance exams or they can be shortlisted on the basis of merit, depending on the universities they are applying to.
B.Pharmacy Admission Process
Interested applicants who are seeking entry to B.Pharmacy admissions need to appear for various entrance tests that are carried out by various Universities. Some institutions such as Annamalai University grants admission to students on the basis of merit as well.
- In NMIMS, Mumbai, the online registration process for B.Pharmacy admission 2023 will be organized till the fourth week of July 2023 (Expectedly) and the last date for the application submission for admission in BITS Pilani will be in the second week of June 2023 (tentative).
- Some of the common and most popular B Pharmacy entrance exams include WBJEE, UPSEE, GPAT, BITSAT, MET, etc.
- All universities and institutes accept the score of any national and university-level entrance exams.
- The application form fees generally range between INR 750 – 1,500
B.Pharmacy Course in India 2023 Fees
|Name of the Colleges||B.Pharmacy Fees for Admission (Rs.)||B.Pharmacy Fees for Tuition (Rs.)||Other Fees (Rs.)|
|Jamia Hamdard University||5,000||1,20,000||7,000|
|BITS Pilani||48,100||2,18,500||15,675 – 12,675|
|Manipal College Of Pharmaceutical Sciences||–||3,03,000||10,000|
|DIPSAR||–||6,200||9,300 – 16,185|
Popular Entrance Exams
Admissions to B.Pharmacy course will be finalized on the basis of the scores achieved by the student in various entrance exams that are organized by various institutes and universities. Generally, the cut-off scores depend on the college you are applying to.
In the table below, we have discussed the most common and popular entrance exams:
- TS EAMCET
- AP EAMCET
- ITM NEST
- Jamia Hamdard
B.Pharmacy Top Colleges in India
We have mentioned a list of top colleges offering B.Pharmacy courses that are approved by AICTE or PCI. The PCI approves the colleges on the basis of various specifications such as Teaching Faculty, Adequate Arrangements for Teaching, Building and Accommodation, Labs and Equipment, and Non-Teaching Staff.
Top B.Pharmacy Colleges:
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty
- Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Amrita School of Pharmacy, Kochi
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Banasthali Vidyapith, Pune
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Jaipur
After pursuing B.Pharmacy course, students get placements in their own universities. After completing B.Pharmacy course, these are the job areas for freshers. Some universities offer more placement opportunities. These are various placement opportunities in Tier 1 B.Pharmacy Universities:
- Research & Development
- Production/ Manufacturing Department
- Packaging Department
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Sales and Marketing
- Regulatory Affairs
- Community (Retail) Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Clinical Research Organizations
- Health-Care Administration
- Scientific Writing
- Medical Scripting
- Chemical/ Drug Technician
- Bio-Technology Industries
- Drug Therapist
- Drug Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Health Inspector
- Research Scientist
|Drug Therapist||INR 5.5 LPA|
|Research Manage||INR 4.3 LPA|
|Pathological Lab Scientist||INR 5 LPA|