CPNET 2023: CPNET is a short form for a state-level entrance exam namely the Combined Paramedical and Nursing Entrance Test. This exam takes place every year in the state of Uttar Pradesh with the main aim to grant entry to eligible and deserving candidates in medical colleges. They will be granted admission to the courses such as BPT, BMLT, B.Optom, BRIT, and B.Sc Nursing, GNM, B.Pharm, ANM, D.Optom, D.O.T, D.P.T, DCT Scan, DDT, DCT, DBT, DMRI, DETCT in various affiliated colleges within the Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Science. This is a very known entrance exam which is led by the Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Science. To take part in this exam, candidates have to apply online and they must know that they have to pass the entrance test in order to get admission to the course of their choice.
To know more about CPNET Exam 2023, read the entire piece of article below.
CPNET 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||CPNET 2023|
|Full Form of Exam||Combined Paramedical and Nursing Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Science|
|Courses offered||BMLT, BRIT, BPT, B.Pharm, B.Optom, B.Sc.Nursing, ANM, G.N.M, D.O.T, D.Optom, DDT, D.P.T, D.C.T Scan, D.C.T, D.E.T.C.T, DMRI, D.B.T|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
CPNET 2023 Important Dates
|Online application form release date||June 2023|
|Deadline for the submission of the application form||June 2023|
|Issue of admit card||July 2023|
|Exam date||July 2023|
|Result declaration||July 2023|
|Merit list release date||August 2023|
|Counselling commencement||August 2023|
- B.Sc. Nursing– Aspirants need to pass 12th with 50% marks in Physics, Science, Chemistry, and English as compulsory subjects from the recognized education board. In the case of the reserved category, an aggregate of 40% of marks is required for admission. If the entrants have passed from NIOS board, then they are also eligible for the exam.
- BPT, BRIT, BMLT, B. Optom – A candidate who has a clear intermediate examination with minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Science, and English as main subjects from the well-known accredited board. If the candidates belong to a reserved category, then they have to attain at least 45% of the marks. Applicants passing from NIOS board can apply for the exam too.
- A.N.M and G.N.M- It is necessary to pass the intermediate exam in any stream from a recognized board, scoring not more than a minimum of 40% marks, and for the reserved category the required mark is 35% marks. Only female entrants can apply for the A.N.M course.
- B. Pharma- Contenders clearing 12th with 50% minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, or English as main subjects from recognized boards.
- Diploma Course- Intermediate pass with 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Mathematics as main subjects from a well-known board is required for admission.
- Age Criteria- 17 years is the minimum age requirement and no upper age limit is there.
- For GNM, the applicant’s age should be minimum of 17 years and 35 years is the maximum upper age for the applicant.
- Aspirants producing a Domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh are eligible.
CPNET 2023 Application Form
The below-given steps are important to fill out the application form.
- Initially, go to the authorized portal of UPUMS.
- Move to the student account section now.
- Start filling out the details appropriately in the application form.
- Candidates will be asked to upload their scanned passport-size photograph and signature in the mentioned formats.
- Next, you will be redirected to the payment page where you need to make the payment of the application fees via Debit/ Credit/ Net Banking, etc.
- Review all your filled details in the application form. No aspirant will be further able to change any information after they
- Submit the form and take a print copy of the acknowledgment slip for further use.
The only mode in which the paper will be held is Offline mode i.e. (Pen/Paper-based). Candidates will get two choices to attempt the paper i.e. Hindi and English. Multiple choice questions will be asked in the query paper. There will be a total of 100 questions in the paper which need to be solved within a duration of 2 hours. The examination comprises of two papers which is Paper -1 for Science background students and Paper 2 for Arts, Commerce, and other stream students. Both papers need to be attempted at the same time.
Questions number distribution:
Paper 1 will be having Physics- 33 questions, Chemistry- 33 questions, and Biology/ Mathematics- 34 questions.
Paper 2 includes General Studies- 60 questions, General English- 20 questions, and General Hindi- 20 questions.
Results of the Combined Paramedical and Nursing Entrance Test will be distributed in the month of October 2023. Al the students who appear for the examination can download their results by accessing the original portal of the Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences or UPUMS. The merit list for the entrance examination will be available on the portal of conducting body. No personal email or post will be sent to the student regarding the merit list.
Cut off and Counseling
After the official authority publishes the results of the test, they will release the cut-off marks and according to the selection list, the outcome will be prepared. Followed by this, the applicants will get a call for the counseling procedure. They will be asked to produce all their requisite documents along with them during the procedure of counseling.