In India, a diploma program known as GNM, or General Nursing Midwifery, is offered by a number of universities. There at the state level, students take the tests. You may get details about the GNM Nursing entrance test on the official sites of the organizing organizations in each state. GNM Nursing is a three-and-a-half-year diploma program that contains a six-month internship for students who have completed Class 12 in science, arts, or commerce (Preferably Science). Check the entire article to learn further about GNM Nursing.
A few universities enable merit-based enrollment to the GNM Nursing diploma program via entrance exams. The applicant’s 12th-grade electives are used as the basis for the entrance test. There are applications forms for the various regulating bodies that are made available each year. The structure and rules for completing a GNM Nursing registration are provided by the governing authorities.
- It is also known as General Nursing and Midwifery, is a clinical nursing course with a length of 3.5 years.
- Depending on the institution, Its costs might vary from INR 20,000 to INR 1,00,000 each year.
- Admission to GNM programs is accomplished by entrance tests administered by several state agencies across India.
- The WBGNM, Kerala, and Maharashtra are some of the most prestigious GNM entrance tests in India.
- The most prevalent forms undertaken in India are the Basic, Post Basic, and Distant GNM Nursing programs.
- Students who want to further their careers in GNM may enroll in courses such as Master in Nursing and Ph.D. Nursing, which will improve their abilities and pay.
- Some of the most sought-after GNM nursing positions in India are in pharma companies, the technological industry, research laboratories, and so on.
- The typical GNM Nursing pay is between INR 2-4 lakhs per year, depending on experience.
- Following completion of the GNM Nursing program, candidates have the option of joining the workforce or completing a Master’s or a Ph.D. degree.
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
GNM Application Procedure
Students that score well in their entrance tests are often given admission to the GNM. Despite the fact that students are also admitted to this programme based on their performance in prior tests. The admissions procedure for the GNM programme is outlined in the following sections.
Admission based on Merit List
- Students must first submit an application to the college of their choice.
- Applicants must establish an application ID and log in using their credentials to apply for the course.
- After that, they must fill out the application form with the essential information. Their mark sheets from classes 10 and 12 must be uploaded in the necessary picture format as well.
- After filling out the registration form, continue to pay the application costs and finish the procedure.
- On a certain day, the college will release a merit list. In the event that a candidate’s name appears on the list, they must apply online or offline.
- Seat allocations will be made based on the verification of papers after reporting.
Admissions Based on Entrance Exam
- Aspirants should check the college’s official website to find out which entrance examinations are approved by that institution.
- As a result, applicants must submit an application to the exam’s regulatory body.
- If they want to get into the programme, they must study hard and score over the cutoff points on the entrance test.
- The next step is for the institution to provide a merit list depending on the outcomes of the admissions test on a certain date.
- If a student’s name appears on the list, they must either apply online or offline to be considered for consideration. The verification of papers will take place after the first round of counselling.
- Allotment of seats will be conducted after the counselling process.
Eligibility Requirements for GNM Admission
In order to be granted admission to the course of study they choose to follow, individuals must meet specific conditions. GNM program eligibility may be found in the following sections.
- Students should have passed their Class 12th in any subject area; however, candidates from the science stream and biology disciplines will be given priority consideration.
- Additionally, applicants must have received at least 50 percent of the possible points in the Class 12th examination. Some of the best medical schools that offer this course require students to earn a minimum of 60 percent.
- They must have received the minimum score necessary in their Entry Exam Result in order to be considered qualified.
GNM Course: Reasons to Opt
In the healthcare profession, GNM programs are quite important, particularly in these challenging economic times. Learners get vocational training that prepares them to meet the requirements of patients via the use of clinical approaches.
Administration of patients and aiding physicians in providing treatment for the general public are two of the responsibilities of the job. The syllabus of a GNM course is specially intended to prepare students to become totally nursing practitioners when they complete their studies. It provides a combination of academic and practical training for applicants, assisting them in the acquisition of fundamental skills.
Kinds of GNM
Throughout India, the three most popular GNM are Basic, Post-Basic, and Distance Learning.
For the most part, basic GNM is by far the most frequent variety. Those who graduate with a bachelor’s degree in nursing will be able to provide complete nursing care to patients with a wide range of illnesses. General Nurses who are able to work effectively in a variety of healthcare settings are the goal of the programme.
Applicants must pass the 10+2 examinations with a scientific stream and at least 40% minimum aggregate in order to enroll in the three-year programme. Also, applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 35. Every student must also be in good health.
Post Basic GNM
Aspirants for the post-basic GNM or post-basic BSc Nursing study advanced nursing concepts. In addition to classroom instruction, academic visits, and clinical lectures, this information is provided. Post-basic GNM training has a lot of potentials. Graduates may find work in nursing schools, hospitals, community health centers, and other settings. The simple version of this program is three years long, whereas the normal version is two years long.
There is relatively little room for distance learning in the field of GNM, which stands for General Nursing and Midwifery. Applicants should be careful of institutions that provide GNM through distant learning.
Best Colleges for
Searching for a decent institution is the next step after learning everything about the course content. In order to maximize their potential, students should only attend reputable nursing schools that are officially recognized by the Nursing Council of India. Leading Indian GNM nursing institutions are listed below. Applicants may peruse the table to choose the college that best suits their needs and preferences.
|Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research|
|Noida International University|
|Rayat Bahra University|
|Rabindranath Tagore University|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Christian Medical College|
|Aligarh Muslim University|
|Government Medical College and Hospital|
|Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Sciences|