Nursing Courses and Degrees 2023: Nursing field is endless in the field of medicine, it continues to exist forever. Medicine and Health care are basic needs for humankind. Similarly, nurses are considered the backbone of the health care sector. One can opt for various courses in nursing. Nursing courses are offered from diploma studies to postgraduate studies, and the job scope for the same is also very high. It is a great opportunity for people who want to work in the medicine and health sector and desire to serve people who are in need. Professionals of nursing play a vital role in hospitals and healthcare sectors. Without them, the healthcare sector is not complete.
Basically, nurses act as an association between doctors and patients. It is a misconception that all the duties are performed by the doctors, however, nurses perform pre and post-operation procedures. They perform assistant duties such as assisting/ helping doctors in various operations and surgeries. Nurses are in charge of updating charts and taking care of the patients. Students of Nursing are taught sufficient practical training during their entire program. They will get training in dealing with high-risk and problems. Nursing professionals keep an eye on charts and keep watch over treatments.
Types of Nursing Courses
There are basically three types of nursing courses in India as given below:
- Certificate Nursing Programs: Nursing certificate programs are offered at the undergraduate level. The duration of the program range from six months and a year.
- Diploma Nursing Courses: Diploma nursing courses, including degree courses, are offered at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The duration of such programs range from one year to three and a half years.
- Degree Nursing Courses: Nursing degree courses are offered at both undergraduate and graduate levels. It usually ranges from two to four years
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
Nursing Courses and Degrees 2023 Eligibility Criteria for UG & PG Nursing
For Nursing Undergraduates Course:
- Students who have passed class10th and 12th from a recognized board or institute.
- The aspirant must have obtained a minimum of 50% at the 12th level.
- They must have completed their intermediate level from the science stream. The aspirant should have studied Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as their core subjects.
For Nursing Postgraduates Course:
- Applicants who have successfully passed SSC and Intermediate exams from a recognized board.
- It is necessary to have acquired a minimum of 50% marks at the 10+2 level.
- They must have obtained a degree in the field of medicine along with a B.Sc. degree.
- Students should have gained 55% marks in aggregate in the undergraduate level.
Nursing Courses and Degrees 2023 Entrance Exams
Entrance tests for Nursing are conducted by a variety of universities. These are organized at both undergraduate and graduate levels. If students want to appear for the entrance exam, they must be aware of the subject. Entrance exams play a very important part in regulating nursing students’ entry. In India, there are various universities and institutes admit candidates on the basis of their success in these exams. A list of some of the popular nursing entrance exams is given below:
- AIIMS nursing organized by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- PGIMER nursing was commenced by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education, and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- CMC Ludhiana BSc nursing commenced by Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society
- Indian Army Nursing was commenced by the Directorate General of Medical Services (Indian Army)
- JIPMER Nursing is organized by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry
- KGMU Nursing conducted by King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- RUHS Nursing is commenced by the Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur
- Tamil Nadu BSc Nursing commenced by the Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu
Nursing Course 2023 Fees & Duration
UG Courses in Nursing
A list of Undergraduate degree courses are offered in Nursing:
|BSc Nursing||4 Years||Rs. 20,000 – Rs 2,50,000|
|BSc (Hons.) Nursing||2 Years||Rs. 40,000 – Rs 1,75,000|
|Post Basic BSc Nursing||2 Years||Rs. 40,000 – Rs 1,75,000|
Undergraduate Certificate or Diploma Courses in Nursing
Here is a list of Nursing Diploma or Certificate courses at the Undergraduate level:
|GNM||3 years – 3.5 years|
|Advanced Diploma in Ophthalmic Care Management||2 Years|
|Diploma in Home Nursing||1 Year|
|Diploma in Emergency and Trauma Care Technician||2 Years|
|Diploma in Nursing Administration||3 Years|
|Diploma in Neuro Nursing||2 Years|
|Diploma in Health Assistant (DHA)||1 Year|
|Certificate course in Ayurvedic Nursing||1 Year|
|Certificate in Home Nursing||1 Year|
|CMCHC- Certificate in Maternal and Child Health Care||6 Months|
|CHCWM- Certificate in Care Waste Management||6 Months|
|CPNM- Certificate in Primary Nursing Management||1 Year|
Postgraduate Degree Courses in Nursing
We have mentioned a list of Postgraduate degree courses in Nursing and its details:
|MSc Nursing||2 Years||Rs 1,30,000 – Rs 3,80,000|
|MSc in Child Health Nursing||2 Years||Rs 1,30,000 – Rs 3,80,000|
|MSc in Community Health Nursing||2 Years||Rs 1,30,000 – Rs 3,80,000|
|MSc in Medical-Surgical Nursing||2 Years||Rs 1,30,000 – Rs 3,80,000|
|MSc in Maternity Nursing||2 Years||Rs 1,30,000 – Rs 3,80,000|
|MSc in Paediatric Nursing||2 Years||Rs 1,30,000 – Rs 3,80,000|
|MSc in Obstetrics and Gynecological Nursing||2 Years||Rs 1,30,000 – Rs 3,80,000|
|MSc in Psychiatric Nursing||2 Years||Rs 1,30,000 – Rs 3,80,000|
Nursing Courses and Degrees 2023 Subjects
Nursing students will be trained in these subjects:
- Human Anatomy
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Environmental Science
- Nursing foundation
- Child health nursing
- Community health nursing
- Mental health nursing
- Management of nurse Service
- Communication Technology
- Advanced nursing
- Nursing Statistics
- Gynecological Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
Top Recruiters of Nursing
Here are the top recruiters in the Nursing field:
- Government Hospitals
- Government medical colleges
- Ramaiah group of hospitals
- Apollo Hospitals
- Fortis Hospitals
- Columbia Asia Hospitals
- Ayurvedic treatment centres
Average Salary of a Nursing Professional
|Job Profiles||Annual Salary|
|Nurse||Rs. 3 lakhs p.a. (Approx.)|
|Nurse educator||Rs. 4 lakhs p.a. (Approx.)|
|Nurse supervisor||Rs. 4 lakhs p.a. (Approx.)|
|Professor||Rs. 6 lakhs p.a. (Approx.)|
|counsellor||Rs. 5 lakhs p.a. (Approx.)|