HP GNM 2023: Himachal Pradesh general nurse and midwifery course (GNM) is one of the most sought state-level entrance exams which takes place every year in order to provide admission to the seekers in the nursing course. Those candidates who qualify for this exam will be able to secure admission all over the state of Himachal Pradesh. This exam is commenced with the main purpose of admitting eligible candidates into the nursing private and government colleges in the state of Himachal Pradesh. On the other hand, it is led by the directorate of medical education and research, Himachal Pradesh.
Usually, it takes place once a year and is a three-year and six-year diploma program specially designed for seekers who want to pursue a career in clinical nursing. Its entrance examination is most likely to take place in the month October 2023 with the release of the application form expectedly in the month of August 2023.
HP GNM 2023 Overview
|Level of Programme||Diploma|
|Full form of Programme||General Nursing and Midwifery|
|Course Duration||3 and a half years|
|Session Type||Annual/ Semester|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualified Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with at least 50% marks in aggregate|
|Average Fees||Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 1,50,000|
|Average Salary||Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 8,00,000|
|Top Recruiters||Indian Nursing Council, Indian Red Cross Society, AIIMS, Apollo Hospitals, State Nursing Councils, Medanta Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Metro Hospital, Orphanage, etc.|
|Job Profiles||Forensic Nursing, Community Health Nurse, Legal Nurse Consultant, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Teacher & Junior Lecturer, Madam, In-charge & Helper, Travelling Nurse, Emergency Room, and Medical Data Entry Operator.|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
HP GNM 2023 Important Dates
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Application form submission date||September 2023|
|Submission of application forms for hard/ tribal areas||October 2023|
|Merit List||November 2023|
|Commencement of Counseling||December 2023|
|Second Counseling||December 2023|
All the aspiring candidates must make sure to meet the below-given eligibility criteria in order to seek admission to the General Nursing and Midwifery course in the state of Himachal Pradesh:
- In order of preference, the candidates who have cleared the 10+2 examination with Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) subjects along with English as a required main subject with 40% marks in aggregate from a recognized Board of School Education or its equivalent Board will be eligible.
- Aspirants passing 12 from Humanities/ commerce (Mathematics, Economics, Biotechnology, History, Political Science, Business Studies, Geography, Home Science, Accountancy, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy) and English Elective/ English Core or Health Care Science – Vocational stream only, clearing the examination from recognized Board such as CBSE/ AISSCE/ SSC/ ICSE/ HSC or other equivalent Board scoring not less than 40% in aggregate marks are also eligible.
- If the students have cleared the examination of 12 from Arts or Science or Health Care Science – Vocational stream only organized by NIOS (National Institute of Open School) with 40% marks in aggregate, then they can apply too.
- Students falling in the category of SC/ ST will be able to take up the relaxation of 5%marks.
- The age of candidates must lie between 17 to 35 years. However, SC/ ST category aspirants will also get a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
HP GNM 2023 Application Form
Interested candidates should fill out the complete application form online mode with the assistance of the official website of the conducting department which is www.hp.gov.in. For the year academic session 2023, the examination forms will be distributed most likely in the month of August 2023. All the applicants will mandatorily have to pay the application fee. The candidates of the general category should make the application fee payment of Rs. 400 and for all other reserved category candidates, the cost of application is Rs. 200. The fees are non-refundable for all the category candidates. The modes of payment are available online through credit cards, debit cards, or internet banking.
The entrance examination will include queries on the basis of the relevant subjects and the general subjects with aggregate scores being 85 marks, each question holding 0.50 marks. Qualifying candidates in the first round will be invited to appear in the next round. In total, aspirants will be assigned 2 hours to complete the written test.
Selection of the applying contenders shall be made strictly on the basis of merit. The category-wise selection list shall be led by the Director of Medical Education & Research, Himachal Pradesh purely on the basis of aggregate scores obtained by the eligible candidates in the intermediate qualifying examination. The first priority shall be given to the students having a medical stream in 10+2 and in the circumstances of the non-availability of eligible students of the medical stream. On the other hand, the second preference shall be offered to the non-medical students and lastly to the 12th (Commerce and Arts stream) students. Further, contenders in order of their merit will be provided with an opportunity to give their choice in various training colleges varying upon the availability of seats in respective categories.