IGNOU OPENNET 2023: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is going to release the official notification for IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing admission 2023 very soon. The duration of this program will be till 3 years and only in-service nurses will be eligible to apply for admission. The university is going to organize a national level OPENNET entrance exam in order to choose the applicants. Candidates must be aware that those who are looking to apply for this exam should hold a diploma in general nursing and midwifery (GNM)/ certificate in nursing course. It is necessary for the candidates to check the availability of admit cards at the official portal of IGNOU which is www.ignou.ac.in.
To get more such information about IGNOU OPENNET 2023 we guide the candidates to look out the complete article given below.
IGNOU OPENNET 2023 Overview
|Date of IGNOU OPENNET Exam||3rd week of August 2023 (tentative)|
|Exam Conducting Body||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Medium of Exam||English Only|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 30 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||Total 120 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Section in Exam||5 (General Knowledge, Reasoning Aptitude, Science, Mathematics, General English)|
|Admission into||Post Basic B.Sc Nursing|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
IGNOU OPENNET 2023 Important Dates
|Release of application form||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date for the submission of the application form||3rd week of July 2023|
|Availability of hall ticket||1st week of August 2023|
|Date of OPENNET Commencement||3rd week of August 2023|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of September 2023|
|Region-wise counselling||3rd week of September 2023|
|Final Admission||4th week of September 2023|
IGNOU OPENNET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Students should go through the complete eligibility criteria regarding IGNOU OPENNET 2023 before taking part in the exam:
- In-Service Nurses i.e. Registered Midwives and Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives and they should have passed class 10+2 with three years diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery and hold a mandatory two years of experience in the profession.
- Those male nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme, should produce certificates in any nursing course of a minimum duration of 6 to 9 months duration as suggested by the Indian National Council In lieu of Midwifery.
- In-Service nurses who have passed 10th class or its equivalent along with three years diplomas in General Nursing and Midwifery with a mandatory five years of experience in the profession will be eligible.
- The official authorities of IGNOU have not prescribed any age limit for the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing entrance test as per university rules and regulations.
IGNOU OPENNET 2023 Application Form
- Interested candidates who are seeking admission to IGNOU B.Sc. Nursing 2023 should collect the application form through the regional center.
- In order to acquire the application form, the aspirant have to go to the regional center or request form through registered post.
- Additionally, the candidates should also download the application form by accessing the official web page of IGNOU i.e. www.ignou.ac.in.
- Once the applicant gets the application form, they have to fill out the details in a neat and clean manner.
- All the personal, educational and contact information need to be entered in the application form.
- The candidates also have to attach their passport sized photograph on the application form.
- Please fill out the complete application form properly and entirely because the incomplete application form may be rejected by the authorities of IGNOU.
- Ensure the submission of the duly filled application form to the regional center before the deadline.
- Also pay the application fee if you download the application form from the website.
- Make sure to keep a photocopy of the submitted application form safe for future purposes.
- Avoid submitting multiple applications as it can lead to the cancellation of candidature.
The application fee is Rs. 1200/- and it can be paid in the form of cash at the time of purchasing the application form from the regional center. If the aspirant has to obtain the application form with the assistance of the official website or submitting the same through the registered post then the application fee is Rs. 1210/-
All the interested students are suggested to solve the previous year question papers in order to get a detailed idea about the examination pattern. Once the students get the exam pattern for IGNOU OPENNET 2023 then they will be able to prepare for the exam in a better way. Here is the examination pattern in the below section:
- The examination holds a total of 120 multiple choice questions
- For providing every correct answer, candidates will get 1 mark
- Time duration to solve the entire question paper is 2 hours 30 minutes
- The questions will be asked from subjects such as General Knowledge, Reasoning Aptitude, Science, Mathematics and General English
- Candidates will receive an OMR sheet for marking their responses
- The entrance test outcome will most likely be delivered in the month of September 2023 as per the announcement.
- It is to be clarified that the university will announce the result only via online mode i.e. their official web portal.
- After the declaration of result, candidates can also download the region wise merit lists for admission.
- The merit list will be released on the basis of the scores obtained by candidates in the OPENNET exam.