MBA in Hospital Administration 2024: MBA (Master of Business Administration) in Hospital Administration is a postgraduate degree program through which students are able to develop all of the essential skills required to take up leadership roles at healthcare organizations and related industries. During this course of study, candidates are able to develop the skills and knowledge that is required in the administration of these establishments. The graduates of MBA in Hospital Administration graduates are needed in all of the modern hospitals and hospital chains as it gives them a great opportunity to offer better services in a streamlined manner.
MBA in Hospital Administration 2024 Overview
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Course Examination Type||Semester System|
|Course Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree in any field|
|Course Admission Process||MCQ-type queries followed by a group discussion and interview|
|Course Major Entrance Exams||CAT, XAT, MAT, etc.|
|Course Fee||Rs. 1.5 to Rs. 7 lakhs|
|Average Salary||Rs. 5-12 lakh per annum|
|Course Graduates||Apollo Hospitals, Ranbaxy, Max Hospitals, Dabur India, Sun Pharma|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
The basic requirements to pursue an MBA in Hospital Administration are specific. Candidates have to fulfill the below-given prerequisites:
- Aspirants holding an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject, such as BA, BBA, B.Sc., BCA, B. Com or B.Pharm from a recognized university holding not less than the minimum average of 50%.
- Individuals must take part in and qualify for an entrance examination for management, such as XAT, MAT, CAT, CMAT, SNAP, and other university-level entrance exams.
- Good test results of the students are highly needed.
- There is no age restriction for this program.
- It is advised to gain some work experience before admission, although it is not vital.
MBA in Hospital Administration 2024 Admission Process
Graduates of any field will be eligible to apply to pursue this master’s degree program. Each college offers a different set of admission criteria that must be fulfilled by a candidate. Given in the section below are the step-by-step details of the admission process:
- Aspirants should submit an online application on the official website of the exam conducting official for taking entrance exams such as CAT, GMAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP or others.
- Additionally, they can apply for university-level entrance examinations in the institutes that offer admission to the MBA in Hospital Administration.
- One has to appear at the test center at the scheduled date and time.
- Applicants will have to apply for admission to the institutes offering this degree program using their scorecards.
- For admission to this program, entrants should attain the minimum cut-off range set by the college.
- In the counseling process, only the nominated candidates are assigned seats.
- Later on, the payment of the admission fees and documentation takes place.
- After the completion of the admission process, the enrolment number will be issued to the candidates.
MBA in Hospital Administration Jobs
|Job Position||Minimum Salary||Average Salary||Maximum Salary|
|Healthcare Finance Managers||Rs. 3.67 LPA||Rs. 7 LPA||Rs. 12 LPA|
|Administrative Assistant||Rs. 2.73 LPA||Rs. 5 LPA||Rs. 11 LPA|
|Hospital Administrator||Rs. 5.45 LPA||Rs. 8 LPA||Rs. 15 LPA|
|Clinical Operations Manager||Rs. 4 LPA||Rs. 6.45 LPA||Rs. 10.56 LPA|
|Drug Safety Associate||Rs. 2.60 LPA||Rs. 4.78 LPA||Rs. 9 LPA|
|Medical Director||Rs. 6 LPA||Rs. 9 LPA||Rs.16 LPA|
|Blood Bank Administrator||Rs. 5 LPA||Rs. 7 LPA||Rs. 9.34 LPA|
|Medical Billing Specialist||Rs. 1.55 LPA||Rs. 3.07 LPA||Rs. 5.42 LPA|
MBA in Hospital Administration Syllabus & Subjects
In this program, students can obtain a deep understanding of the hospital industry. They will be taught how to manage hospital businesses and practices related to them. The course curriculum covers thus its goal is to give the student a thorough understanding of multiple aspects.
The following topics include:
- Principles of Management
- Essentials of Healthcare Administration
- Fundamentals of Communication
- Quality Management in Hospitals
- Marketing Management
- Hospital Operation
- Financial Accounting
- Planning & Designing of Healthcare Facilities
- Managerial Economics
- Customer-Centric Organization (CCO)
- Cost Accounting
- HR in Hospitals
- Innovation Management
- Revenue Cycle Management in Healthcare
- Quantitative Techniques
- Legal Aspects of Healthcare
- Strategic Management
- Material Management
- Human Resource Management
- Healthcare Equipment Management
Career & Jobs Opportunities
This program primarily focuses on preparing students for a wide range of careers in the healthcare field or organizations. Professionals are eligible to get hired in the public and private sectors. By pursuing this degree, individuals may get hired for consultant positions that allow the ability to make connections and great flexibility and the ability to make connections.
Professionals may find top jobs in hospitals and healthcare facilities with this degree. Here are some of the popular professional paths open to successful graduates of this degree:
- Hospital Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Hospital CEO & CFO
- Healthcare Associate
- Healthcare Finance manager
- Hospital Operations Executive
- Medical Practice Manager
- Medical Superintendent
- Medical and Health Service Manager
- Blood Bank Administrator
- Medical Director
In India, a large number of healthcare centers and pharmaceutical companies look for professionals with the skills and knowledge required. In most cases, they hire such professionals for executive or managerial positions.
A list of some of the top companies that hire MBA in Hospital Administration graduates is given below:
- Max Healthcare
- Narayana Health
- Columbia Asia
- Apollo Hospitals
- Max Hospitals
- Sun Pharma
- Dabur India