MHA Admission 2023: MHA or Master of Health Administration is generally a 2-year professional master’s degree granted to the students after completing the program in health administration which basically involves the management of hospitals and other health firms, infrastructure, and govt health consulting.
The eligibility criteria are that a candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in any stream be it Humanities, Science, or Commerce. MHA is a full-time degree and the admissions are granted on a merit basis only. However, some various institutes consider admissions on the basis of the scores attained in the entrance exams.
MHA Admission 2023 Overview
|Name of the course of study||Master of Health Administration (MHA)|
|Duration of the course||2 years|
|Average course fee||Rs. 3,57,000|
|Sectors of employment||Healthcare firms and private or government hospitals.|
|Average entry-level salary||Rs. 30,000-50,000|
|Top Institutes||Parul University, Poornima University, SRM Institute of Technology, Chennai, Eternal University, and many more.|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
MHA Admission 2023 Entrance Exams
The below-given entrance exams accepted by some of the colleges and universities of India include:
The scores of the Common Admission Test (CAT) is accepted by some of the institutes offering Master of Health Administration courses. CAT 2023 is scheduled to take place in the month of November across the major cities of India. The application process of the CAT will likely begin from the month of July 2023. Aspirants should obtain more than 50% marks in order to be eligible to appear for this exam. There will be 5% relaxation for the aspirants belonging to the reserved categories.
The AIMA is in charge of organizing the MAT (Management Aptitude Test) exam four times a year. Registration for this test for the June session will take place in the month of June tentatively.
- Competitors ought to possess a Bachelor’s degree in any specialization that incorporates Science, Humanities, Commerce, Law, MBBS, Agriculture, BHMS, BDS, BPT, B.Sc. Nursing, BAMS, B.Sc. United Health Science, BSc Pharma, Veterinary Sciences from any perceived Indian college with at least 50% marks in total.
- Competitors holding Indian citizenship can apply under the general category, though Foreign/ NRI understudies will be eligible to apply under the Foreign or NRI classification.
- Competitors should hold a 3 years Graduate Degree in any subject effectively or applicants possess a four years Graduate Degree in Paramedical Sciences, prescription or Veterinary Sciences, Agriculture, Pharmacy, Engineering, and Law.
- Hospital Environment and Healthcare
- Medical Terminology and Human Physiology
- Economics of Healthcare
- Organization and Management
- Commercial Management
- Quantitative Techniques of Management
- Hospital Residency-I
- Marketing of Hospital Services
- Communicative Skills and Report Writing for Hospitals
- Decision Making Accounting
- Commercial Management
- Hospital Residency-II
- Supply Chain Management
- Hospital Engineering and Planning Hospital
- Information Systems
- Patient Care and Behaviour
- Operations Research
- Management of Hospital Operations
- Hospitals Visits
- Systems for Hospital Management
- Hospital Quality Management
- Healthcare Insurance
- Legal Matters and Ethical Issues of Hospitals
- Disaster and Risk Management
- Pharmaceutical and Management
- Entrepreneurship and Healthcare Consultancy
MHA Admission 2023 Job Prospects
Nowadays, besides the government healthcare centers, there are various private hospitals that are competing to offer the best healthcare services all over India. In this regard, the demand for professional healthcare administrators is growing higher.
An entry-level salary of a Assistant Medical Superintendent could range between Rs. 30,000 to 50,000 monthly then it goes on to Rs. 50,000-55,000 per month as Deputy Medical Superintendents, and lastly, about Rs 1 Lac monthly is given to the Medical Superintendent.
|Executive Assistant||6- 9 years||Rs. 9,00,000 – 10,00,000 P.A.|
|Customer Service Manager||1-3 years||Rs. 80,0000- 1,50,000 P.A.|
|Quality Assurance||4-9 years||Rs. 1,50,000 – 4,25,000 P.A.|
|Facility Head||12-16 years||Rs. 15,00,000 – 20,00,000 P.A.|
|Business Sales Head||12-15 years||Rs. 20,00,000- 25,00,000 P.A.|
|Chief Executive Officer||5- 10 years||Rs. 18,00,000- 25,00,000 P.A|
- HSC Certificate and Mark sheet.
- 12 Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Graduation All Certificates and Mark sheets.
- College Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate if the student is migrating from another university.
- Provisional Certificate
- 5 copies of recent passport-size color photographs of the aspirant duly attested by a gazetted officer.
- Tribe/ Caste certificate (for SC/ ST category)/ Physically Handicapped certificate.