Meghalaya GNM 2024: General Nursing and Midwifery or GNM is primarily a three and a half year diploma course which aims at training the students in Clinical Nursing. The student will be able to learn how to care for sick patients or patients who have been hurt, they will be trained to help them attain full recovery. As the name suggests, midwifery is the aim of this course. Although the outlook in teaching and the syllabus may vary from place to place, the general schooling in all the programs is same.
General Nursing and Midwifery courses are also available in the state of Meghalaya and the admission procedure in various institutes in Meghalaya generally begin in the August month. The application process takes place completely in online mode and their shortlisting will be made on the merit achieved. The selection process is categorized into three parts- application filing, screening and lastly reporting to the Deputy Director Nursing, MI.
Meghalaya GNM 2024 Highlights
|Course Name and Type||Meghalaya GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) Diploma Type|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
Meghalaya GNM 2024 Important Dates
|Name of the Event||Important Dates|
|Commencement of application procedure||June 2024|
|Last date to register||June 2024|
|Date of screening||July 2024|
|Merit list||Notified soon|
Here are the eligibility conditions that each and every applicant has to satisfy to appear for admission:
- An applicant who is a citizen of India is considered eligible.
- Both Males and Females applicants are eligible however they must pass the HSC examination in the Science Stream.
- Aspirants who have passed the qualifying exam with compulsory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Applicants of the General category need to achieve at least 50% marks and 40% marks for reserved category students in the qualifying exam.
- The age of the entrant should not be less than 17 years as of 31st December 2024.
Meghalaya GNM 2024 Application Form
If the aspirants wish to put forward their candidature, they have to fill out the complete application form for the program. It can be followed with the help of the following points:
- First of all open the official website of the Directorate of Health Services, Meghalaya, and go to the notifications section on the homepage.
- Now, choose the Apply GNM Course tab.
- After that, the applicant will get forwarded to the application page where they have to enter various details about themselves. The details consist of their personal details, educational qualification details, and other miscellaneous particulars.
- After that, the applicants will be asked to upload all the necessary documents and photographs as per the given formats.
- The size of the photograph should be under 400 Kb and the size of the documents should be under 500 Kb in JPEG format.
- Once all the necessary documents are uploaded, the applicant has to undergo the captcha key and accept all the declarations.
Application fee payment is a compulsory part of the application process consequently candidates will be updated to pay the application fee before the due date. Particulars regarding the application fee will be citied on the official website of the university by the official authorities for their reference. We inform the contenders to keep visiting the official website of the university to get information about the application fee.
The examination of nursing will be consisting a total of 65 questions on paper where they will be asked to solve all the Multiple Choice Questions. They will be assigned a total of 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete the whole paper. The question pattern will appear in English and Bengali languages.
Chosen candidates for admission will have to report immediately to the Deputy Director of Nursing, Directorate of Health Services (MI) for further guidance. Designated candidates who fail to be present as said by the given date will routinely lose their candidature and the next eligible candidate from the merit list will be chosen and given his/ her place. An array of contenders who are medically fit and eligible will be made virtuously on the basis of merit and subject to the state government reservation policy.
Since there is no entrance exam for admission to the GNM course in the state of Meghalaya, the authorities offer direct admissions depending on merit. After the candidates successfully submitted the application, he/ she should undergo the following process:
- The list of entrants for screening will be issued on the official website and its schedule will be announced there only.
- After the screening is completed, the merit list will be released along with the selection list of the candidates.
- The list of selected candidates will be pasted on the notice board of the Directorate of Health Services and the Office of District Medical and Health Officer. too.
- No personal information will be provided individually to the applicant.
- At last, the designated candidates have to report to the Deputy Director of Nursing, Directorate of Health to book his/ her admission on a fixed date.