One may get a doctorate degree in nursing by taking the PhD Nursing. As part of the PhD programme, students learn about both the nursing and health promotion areas. In this training, participants learn how to facilitate and preserve health gains and health status, boosting their employability and responsiveness to nursing jobs throughout a wide range of healthcare settings.
In this Ph.D. programme, students are able to combine (and intertwine) their understanding in nursing management, medical care, and general nursing theory into a cohesive whole and apply it to practice. There are a wide range of career options available to those who have this degree. A firm basis for lifelong learning is provided through the growth of applicants’ learning and analytical abilities, as well as their ability to act and make decisions.
PhD Nursing 2023: Overview
|Full-Form||Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing|
|Time-Frame||Three years is the minimum period, however, it may be extended to five years.|
|Admission Procedure||Entrance Exam and then Interview|
|Entrance Exams||AIIMS PG, JIPMER|
|Best Institutions||AIIMS, PGI, Annamalai University, Amity University, etc.|
|Average Annual Fees||Rs. 5,000- 4,00,000|
|Career Options||Rehabilitation Specialist, Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Manager, Critical Care Nurse, Community Health Specialist, etc|
|Average Annual Salary||Rs. 3,00,000-10,00,000|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
PhD Nursing Admission Procedure
Enrollment to the PhD Nursing programme at the majority of Indian universities and institutions is dependent on an entrance exam. Admission to the best PhD programmes is available via JIPMER, AIIMS, and other prestigious entrance exams.
The following are the stages of the entrance-based admittance:
- By submitting an email address, phone number, and password, individuals may enroll for the entrance exam online. A unique login ID is then produced for each student.
- Upon obtaining a login id, applicants are asked to fill out the application form online by entering their academic and personal information, as well as the specifics of the course they are interested in.
- Applicants must submit the appropriate papers, such as a picture, signature, proof of identity, a post-graduate degree and mark sheet, etc. while filling out the registration form.
- Upon submitting the required papers, applicants must pay the application cost using a credit or debit card, or net banking.
- For clarification purposes, applicants must save and retain the registration form once they have paid the money.
- Those students who have been accepted into the programme will get an admit card from the admissions office based on the information they provided.
- After receiving an admission card, the exam schedule would be announced by various testing organizations. Applicants must take and pass the admissions exam in order to be considered for admission.
- Admissions officials will reveal the results of the entrance exam they have taken in this last step.
- Applicants who have been accepted into the programme are required to participate in group sessions and individual interviews.
Students interested in pursuing a PhD in nursing must meet the minimal requirements listed below in order to be considered for admission:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 55 percent is required for post-graduate M.Sc./M.Phil. Nursing or an equivalent degree from a recognized institution.
- If an applicant has achieved the Indian Nursing Council-recognized Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery, they may enroll if they have enough experience in the industry.
- The applicants have to be medically stable.
Documents Required at the Time of Admission
- Certificate of Migration.
- A certificate of completing or receiving a degree for the most recent qualifying degree examination.
- The results of the most recent qualifying degree exams.
- A certificate of good character (from the director of the Institution where the student received his qualifying degree).
- Evidence of date of birth in the form of a document.
- Certificate of Gap (if applicable).
- Application for research.
- A letter from the employer stating that there are no objections (if employed).
Entrance Exams for Admission to PhD Nursing
For enrollment to this programme, several of the best institutions and universities that offer PhD Nursing programmes administer an entrance exam. Admission officials would be able to examine a student’s professional competence with the use of entrance examinations, which will be used to make a selection.
The following are amongst the most popular Ph.D. Nursing admission exams:
- JIPMER 2023: It is a national-level admission test that is typically held in June 2021.This test allows candidates to apply for PG programmes in MD & MS, DM, and M.Ch. in a variety of subjects.
- AIIMS PG 2023: It is a national level exam conducted twice a year for entry to postgraduate degrees and several PhD disciplines.
PhD Nursing: Scope in Future
Applicants who complete the PhD Nursing degree might choose from a variety of careers.
- It is possible to hold leadership roles in a variety of organizations, like clinics, treatment centers, community organizations and healthcare policy and planning divisions with a PhD in Nursing.
- To become a professor at a worldwide university is an option for those who like teaching. • Ph.D. holders often occupy roles that need a high level of intelligence because of their extensive knowledge.
Due to the fact that this is one of the greatest academic doctorates conferred to a researcher, Students who graduate with this degree have the opportunity to work at some of the most prestigious institutions in the world or to pursue careers in research to benefit the country as a whole. The following are some of the most popular employment options for those who have completed a PhD in Nursing:
- Teaching: If you are passionate about teaching and want to share your expertise with students, you may work as a professor of Nursing at colleges and universities.
- Researcher: If you want to make a difference in the healthcare industry, you may become a researcher and work for various healthcare companies.
As a result, students who have completed a PhD Nursing programme will be in a position to choose a job that best suits their abilities and interests. You have the option of pursuing a career in research or finding well-paying employment. It’s up to you whether or not you want to work in the healthcare industry after finishing this course, or if you want to conduct research to improve it.
PhD Nursing: Preparation Tips
In order to do well on the admission exam, applicants need pay attention to the criteria listed below:
- An understanding of the test’s curriculum and the kind of questions that could be asked is essential for all applicants.
- The majority of the exam’s questions will come from material you learned throughout your post-graduation. As a result, it is critical that prospective PhD candidates have a firm grasp of the field in which they want to specialize.
- Students should not overlook the importance of properly reviewing the question paper from the previous year. This will give them a better idea of what to expect on the test.
- When it comes to exam preparation, individuals should pay special attention to managing time. Make a schedule and stick to it, and you’ll be well on your way to a successful entrance exam performance.
PhD Nursing: Reasons to Opt
As a PhD student in nursing, you’ll enjoy a wide range of advantages. The following is a list of the primary advantages of this programme:
- Nursing Officer and Assistant Nursing Officer positions are readily available to students who complete this course. People can also operate as Community Health Experts or Rehabilitation Specialists in rural and urban areas.
- Throughout a sequence of academically helpful and demanding learning experiences, you will be able to establish your own learning processes using this application.
- Following this program, graduates will be able to find employment in a variety of fields, including public health agencies, community organizations, health clinics, schools, and rural/urban settings.
- As a result of their education, graduates who complete this program often find work as CNOs, rehabilitators, critical care nurses, and other types of healthcare professionals.
- Handsome salary packages are offered with an average salary of INR 4-10 Lacs Per Annum.