The ANM course is a two-year nursing diploma programme. The length of time it takes to complete the ANM programme differs from college to college. The candidate must have a minimum of 45 percent in their 10+2 exam. It’s gaining traction because of its promising future. Nurses are in great demand as more and more illnesses are being discovered. After completing the course, applicants must enroll with the State Nurse Registration Council in order to get licensed to practice as a nurse.
Candidates in the ANM Course are well-equipped to care for pregnant women and their babies, as well as their own moms after they give birth. As a result, they’ll learn about a wide range of medical topics that may be used to improve the health of households and society at large. The ANM programme provides you the opportunity to work under some of the most well-known physicians in the field. In order to succeed as a nurse, you must have a great deal of patience and attention. Start your medical career with this program if you believe you’re intended to work in the fast-paced, hectic world of a hospital.
ANM or Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery is largely a diploma that focuses on human health. The Operation Stage, its functions, numerous tools, as well as how to utilize them are also covered in this program. The primary goal of the ANM program is to teach the applicants how to operate as primary health workers in the community and serve children, women, and the elderly.
As a rule, ANM includes the promotion of health, midwifery, national healthcare administration, fundamental and public health nursing, and immunization coverage. One must be a patient person who is also physically healthy and responsible in order to take this course. ANMs have a wide range of employment options, involving NGOs, public hospitals, private hospitals, and care facilities.
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
ANM Application Procedure
Admission to the ANM Course will be depending on the outcomes of the common entrance tests taken by applicants. In certain institutions, direct enrollment is also accessible.
- Most of ANM institutes in India adopt direct admission.
- In this case, applicants will be selected based on their intermediate test results.
- If their test results are over the college’s cut-off points, they would be allowed to apply for admission.
- Moreover, at certain institutions, admission is dependent on a student’s performance in entrance tests.
- In addition, there’ll be a specified cut-off score, which applicants must meet in order to be considered for admission.
ANM Nursing: Eligibility Requirements
In order to be granted admission to the course of study they choose to follow, individuals must meet specific conditions. ANM program eligibility may be found in the following sections.
- Applicants for the ANM programme must have passed their 10+2 examinations with science as one of the topics.
- Each institution has its own percentage requirements for these phases. However, the student’s average grades should be 50 percent.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old to register for this program, which has a maximum age restriction of 35 years.
ANM Nursing: Major Subjects
Listed below are some of the ANM course content:
- Biological Science
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Behavioral Science
- First Aid
- Fundamentals of Nursing
Medical schools, nursing homes, self-clinics, medical writing, and other healthcare-related fields may be explored by students who complete the course. The first academic year lasts a whole academic year. Internships are required in the second phase, which lasts for six months.
ANM Nursing: Reasons to Opt
In addition to job stability, prospects, a good wage, and caring for others, there are a number of other reasons to seek a career as an ANM.
- As a result of taking ANM courses, students may work in government areas with complete job stability and get valuable experience.
- Those who do well in the program have the opportunity to study abroad as well.
- If an applicant has these credentials, they may expect a starting pay of about INR 10,000, however, this might rise based on the applicant’s job experience.
- Those having the ANM credential may also educate others at different educational institutions.
ANM Nursing: Job Prospects
It’s possible to get a variety of jobs after passing the ANM program. They may work as a Home Health aid, Public Health Worker, Regional Healthcare Professional, or a Primary Health Worker, depending on their area of specialization. The following is a list of possible career paths for job seekers, together with the contact information for the appropriate recruiters.
The following are some of the most sought-after positions for graduates of ANM programs:
1. Nursing Tutor (15 Lakh)
A professional nursing mentor is a person who assists nursing students in their studies by providing them with supplementary nursing teaching. A nursing tutor is more concerned with assisting a student who is having difficulty in a certain area develop study techniques and putting them into action, ultimately resulting in improved performance.
2. HealthCare Nurse (3 Lakh)
Care is given to sick or wounded patients, their physical requirements are taken care of, and health issues are treated by health care nurses. They too are constantly on the look and analyzing the patients in order to determine the root cause of their issues. In order to aid in their therapy, doctors document any important information they get from their patients.
3. Certified Nursing Assistant (2.5 Lakh)
Nursing assistants are responsible for providing patient-centered care, which is typically supervised by the nurse. They also aid in the care of a patient.
4. Community Health Nurse (4 Lakh)
Patients benefit greatly from the expertise of community health nurses. In addition, they educate the population on how to keep their health in check, resulting in a lower incidence of sickness.
5. Home Care Nurse (2 Lakh)
Nurses in residential care are responsible for providing medical assistance to patients in their own homes, under the supervision of a physician. They make frequent home visits to the patient, assess his or her health, including any wounds, and take necessary measures. Each time they go to the patient’s residence, they write out reports for the doctor detailing the patient’s improvement.
6. ICU Nurse (3.5 Lakh)
When it comes to caring for critically ill patients, ICU nurses are experts. It is their job to treat individuals who have life-threatening diseases or ailments. Patients benefit from their expertise and knowledge, which they pass on to the next generation.
ANM Nursing: Best Colleges
Searching for a decent institution is the next step after learning everything about the course content. In order to maximize their potential, students should only attend reputable nursing schools that are officially recognized by the Nursing Council of India. Leading Indian ANM nursing institutions are listed below. Applicants may peruse the table to choose the college that best suits their needs and preferences.
- Sai Institute of Nursing
- Care College of Nursing
- Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute
- Parul University
- Adarsh College of Nursing
- Noida International University
- Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University
- Om Paramedical and Technical Education
- Yashraj Colleges of Nursing
- Salokaya College Of Nursing
- Dharampal Singh Degree College
|GNM 2024 Nursing Course, Admission Form, Full form, Eligibility|
|UP ANM Vacancy 2024 Application Form, Recruitment Details|