Regional College Of Nursing is one of the most well-renowned colleges in the state of Assam. It was formed in the year 1977 and is known to be the leading college in Medicine and Health Sciences. The college is based in Guwahati, Assam. In this institution, a total of 2 courses are taught to the students. The category of courses includes both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
Under the Medicine and Health Sciences, students will get a total of 2 courses. For Under Graduate studies, candidates can only get B.Sc. (Nursing) course. For Post Graduate studies, M.Sc. (Nursing) course will be taught.
Regional College of Nursing 2023 Overview
|Name of the Institution||Regional College of Nursing, Guwahati|
|Also known as||RCN Guwahati, Regional Nursing College Guwahati|
|Located in||Guwahati, Assam|
|Year of Establishment||1977|
|Approved by||INC (Indian Nursing Council)|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
Affiliations, Recognition, and Achievement
- Affiliated With: Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Approved by: INC (Indian Nursing Council)
- Aid Status: Government
- Comp Labs
Regional College of Nursing offers nursing courses at both Undergraduate and Post Graduate levels. The Undergraduate courses include B Sc (Nursing) and Condensed B.Sc. Nursing. The duration of the B. Sc. (Nursing) program is a total of 4 years. 2 years is the duration for the Condensed B.Sc. Nursing course.
- B.Sc. Nursing: Aspirants should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2021. The upper age limit is 30 years as on 31st December 2021 further provided that the candidates will get a relaxation of five years in the upper age limit if they belong to the category of SC/ ST. Aspirant willing to get admission from a recognized school, with 50% or more marks in the aggregate of 4 subjects including Chemistry, Physics, English (Core /Elective), and Biology provided that he/ she must have passed each subject separately.
- M.Sc Nursing: Candidates desiring to get admission in M.Sc. Nursing course should possess a graduate degree in B.Sc. (N) Degree or it is equivalent with an aggregate of 55% marks and a mandatory 1-year experience after the registration.
- Medical Fitness: An aspirant should be medically fit for the course.
Regional College of Nursing Admission Procedure
RCN Guwahati requests the candidates to submit self-attested xerox copies of the document papers. In case the individual is unable to submit the required documents within the specified date, then the student’s admission will automatically be canceled. Furthermore, one has to get qualified for the medical entrance test and academic merit evaluation as organized by the Institute.
Regional Nursing College Guwahati is regularly working in the Placement cell for the recruitment of students and further career guidance. The placement cell of RCN Guwahati has always been a guiding force for the students and helped them to enhance their skills, aptitudes, knowledge, strengths, and weaknesses. Every year, a large number of students are recruited by top reputed Hospitals and Healthcare chains in India such as Max, Apollo, Birla Hearts, Fortis, Metro Hospitals, etc.