IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) conducts an entrance examination for admission to Post Basic B.Sc Nursing programme. Those candidates who appear in the exam will be able to check their result at the official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University which is www.ignou.ac.in. The exam name for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is OPENNET. Therefore, candidates should be aware that the admission into Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course will only be provided according to the marks obtained in OPENNET. The candidates who will qualify the test successfully will then have to appear for the counselling. Get more information regarding IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 from this page such as important dates, eligibility, application form, etc.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 Overview
|Examination name||IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Exam 2023|
|Popularly known as||OPENNET|
|Conducting university||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Admission for||Post Basic B.Sc Nursing|
|Duration of the program||3 years|
|Mode of examination||Offline (pen and paper-based test)|
|Syllabus for the test||On the basis of various subjects taught in GNM|
|No. of seats||620|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 Important Dates
|Online Application Commencement||March 2023|
|Last Date for Submitting Application Form||April 2023|
|Admit Card||May 2023|
|Date of Entrance Examination||May 2023|
|Declaration of Result||June 2023|
- Educational Qualification: Applicant should have passed10+2 with three years of Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) along with a minimum of two-year experience in the same profession. or
In service Nurses hold 10th class (Matriculation) qualification or it’s corresponding with 3 years Diploma in GNM with at least 5 years experience in the profession.
- Age Limit: The officials have not decided on any age limit for admission to the course.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 Application Form
Follow the complete application form guidelines for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 as given below:
- First of all, candidates should register themselves f by clicking on New Registration and entering the details.
- Once the registration process is completed, the username and password will be mailed to the applicant ( For upcoming login, remember the username and password).
- Fill out the rest of the personal, educational, course-related, and other relevant details.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature of the applicant in the prescribed format and size.
- Upon successful submission of the application form, get a copy of the application form for further use.
- Finish the procedure by submitting the application fees via Net banking/ Debit/ Credit card or other facilities.
Application Fee: Candidates have to make the payment of Rs.1000/- through payment gateway, using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by Indian Banks or via online Banking.
The authority of the admission will select the contenders on the basis of region wise on the merit in the common entrance test, managed by SED. Nominated contenders will be invited to appear for regional counseling after that the document confirmation procedure will take place. The admission will be granted region-wise after the verification process is completed, based on the merit from the list of eligible candidates in each category.
In order to ace any exam, a candidate must primarily hold an adequate understanding of the examination pattern. Consequently, check out the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 exam pattern from the section below:
- Mode of exam: Offline (OMR) based
- Total number of questions: 120 questions
- Marks per question: 1 mark (Negative marking is not applicable)
- Sections in question paper: 8 in total named as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
- Type of questions: MCQ. Each question will comprise of four probable answers which will be presented as 1, 2, 3, and 4.
The important information about the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc counseling has been specified below for the reference of the candidates:
During the counseling round, aspirants need to open the particular link and fill out the complete registration form to take part in the counseling round. After the same, applicants will have to choose the choice along with their options as per their suitability and get the choices provided in the counseling round only.
When the counseling round is over, they are required to download a seat allowance letter from the official web portal of the university. After the seats are chosen for the applicants, they will have to look for the allotted college with all vital certificates/ documents and credentials.