NEET 2024: The national-level medical entrance examination known as NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is organized by the National Testing Agency for admission into BDS, MBBS, AYUSH courses offered at various top government and private medical colleges based in India. These top institutions also include JIPMER and AIIMS.
This entrance examination is expected to be held in the month of July 2024 by NTA. The official notification regarding NEET 2024 will be released most likely in the first week of April at the official web page i.e. neet.nta.nic.in. The application form for the same will be released along with the official notification. Go through the complete post to know more about NEET 2024 as given in this post hereby.
NEET 2024 Highlights
|Name of the test||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Exam conducting authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Frequency of test||Once a year|
|Mode of test||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Medium of the exam||13 languages- English, Hindi, Odia, Urdu, Assamese, Kannada, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Gujarati, Telugu, Punjabi, Marathi|
|Number of questions||200 (to attempt- 180)|
|Number of sections||4: Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Botany|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice (MCQs)|
|Marking scheme||+4: Correct
|Duration of test||3 hours and 20 minutes|
|Official web page||neet.nta.nic.in|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
NEET 2024 Important Dates
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|NEET 2024 Official notification and exam date release||First week of April 2024|
|Application form announcement date||First week of April 2024|
|Deadline to fill the application form||Third week of May 2024|
|NEET 2024 application correction window||Fourth week of May 2024|
|Admit card release date||First week of July 2024|
|NEET 2024 Exam date||Third week of July 2024|
|Result and final answer key release||August/ September 2024|
NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- Individuals need to be17 years of age before December 31, 2024.
- There is no upper age limit.
- No limit on the number of attempts is there too.
- One must have completed 10+2 in PCB and English from a recognized board of education scoring not more than 50% marks for the general category candidates.
- Reserved category candidates will have to attain 40% marks in PCB subjects. (45% for PWD category candidates whereas 40% for OBC/ SC/ ST candidates)
- Indian Nationals candidates will also be able to appear for the exam.
- NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign Nationals can participate in the exam too.
NEET 2024 Application Form
- Firstly go through the authorized web portal of NEET.
- And start the registration process by filling up the blanks with the concerned data that includes your name, email id, mobile number, and other details.
- Now, fill out the registration form with some other relevant details like name, nationality, DOB, qualification, percentage of marks acquired in the last board, and other related information.
- Now, upload the scanned copies of the documents that are necessary in NEET 2024 form in the size and format that are mentioned by the website only.
- Exam-appearing students also need to pay the fees for their application forms through both offline and online methods.
- After the payment is done, they will get the confirmation page only at the end of the same. Once all the process is completed, the students will have to generate the printout of the application form for future reference.
|General – EWS & OBC||INR 1500|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 900|
|Candidates Outside India||INR 8500|
As per the NEET 2024 Exam Pattern, the question paper will have a total of 200 questions out of which candidates need to answer 180. It is vital for the aspirants to have an idea of the exam pattern and prepare accordingly.
- Medium of Exam: NEET 2024 question paper will be held in 13 languages including English, Hindi and 11 other regional languages- Assamese, Odia, Bengali, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Gujarati, Telugu, Urdu, and Punjabi.
- Mode of the exam: It will be conducted via offline examination i.e. in pen-paper mode at more than 500 test cities across India. Apart from this, the exam will likely take place in 14 exam cities abroad.
- Number of Questions: The question paper for NEET 2024 holds a total of 200 MCQs out of which candidates need to attempt 180.
- Number of Sections: The query paper will have 4 sections (Biology is categorized into zoology and botany). Each subject involves 50 questions, 35 queries from Section A and 15 queries from Section B. In section B, candidates have to attempt only 10 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Each question holds 4 marks in NEET 2024 exam. Negative marking is applicable i.e. 1 mark will be subtracted for every wrong answer.
- Total Marks: The query paper possesses a total of 720 marks.
- Exam Duration: The candidates need to solve the questions within 3 hours and 20 minutes (200 minutes). It must be clarified that there is no sectional time limit in the NEET exam.
The National Testing Agency will declare the outcome for NEET only on the official web page i.e. neet.nta.nic.in in the form of a scorecard only. NEET 2024 scorecard mentions the name of the candidate, his/ her details, AIR, qualifying, total marks, category, 15% All India Quota, and other requisite information. Along with the result, the agency will also declare the qualifying NEET cutoff scores for candidates belonging to the categories of general, OBC, SC, and ST on the scorecard.