Jobs in Pharmaceutical Industry: Pharmaceutical industry is a very innovative field that is highly appreciated for real talent. The industry includes various and wide ranges of units such as sales and marketing, pharmacovigilance, clinical research, analytical labs, formation and development, research and development, technology transfers, intellectual rights, drug regulatory affairs, quality assurance, quality control, manufacturing, etc. For a fresher, it might be difficult to get a breakthrough. However, almost all pharmaceutical companies have vacant posts for single or multiple departments. In real outlook, there are a variety of jobs to know the best jobs in the pharmaceutical industry, the skills required, how to secure a job in the pharmaceutical industry. Read out the entire post to know about the details regarding jobs in the pharmaceutical industry.
Skills Required In Pharmacy Industry
Professionals of the pharmaceutical industry could excel by having expertise in analytical techniques, disease pathology, standard operating procedures, formulation techniques, equipment and process, validation of raw materials, regulatory requirements in the manufacturing, manufacturing plant management, quality control, discovery, scaleup, knowledge of storage, supply chain management, technology transfer, packaging, and marketing. There are various opportunities.
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
Advantages of Pharmaceutics as a Career
Pharmaceutics has a huge number of options to select from. Pharmaceutical students can choose the career which is suitable for them:
- High-end salary— Pharmaceutics industry holds various highest paying jobs, as the work needs expertise.
- There is a high possibility of a further increase in the number of jobs in the pharmaceutical field in the future, just as they are enlarged now.
- More Scope— All through the study of pharmaceutics, there are high chances of selection for part-time jobs and internships, which will be beneficial for one’s personal expenses while graduating.
- Personally and professionally rewarding — Pharmaceutics industry is highly appreciated across the world. It is personally and professionally rewarding as it is a key contributor to the healthcare landscape in India.
- Social Upliftment— By getting a job in pharmaceutics, you are contributing to the betterment of life indirectly. For this reason that getting an opportunity to participate and offer your contribution and support in various charitable trusts, healthcare drives, and government schemes to provide funded medicines and much more.
Best High-Paying Jobs In India’s Pharmaceutical Industry
- Drug Safety Specialist – Involved in the preclinical testing, Design, and Discovery of new drugs, and medicines.
- Quality Assurance Manager – Manufacturing procedures, Ensuring the quality of the Finished Formulations.
- Quality Control And Validation – Validates the processes included in the production of formulations and bulk drugs.
- Chemical Research Analyst – Organizing bioequivalence studies and human clinical trials.
- Pharma Covigilance – Looking after and contributing to central pharma covigilance commission and adverse drug reaction reporting.
- Data Analyst – Analyzing clinical data and providing technical support for the statistical results.
- Pharma Marketing – National and international marketing of bulk medicines and formulations.
- Research & Development – New formulation development to increase the delivery of drugs and effective treatment.
- Clinical Pharmacist – Competence in pharmacotherapy in hospitals and clinics.
- Academician – Serving the needs of universities and colleges.
- Manufacturing Chemist – supply chain, tech transfer, scaleup, maintaining manufacturing unit.
Salaries of Pharmacy Professionals
A fresher who has earned a graduate degree in pharmacy initially earns between INR 20,000 to 40,000 monthly and the growth in the basic salary is steadily for the deserved employee, on the basis of their expertise in the field and skills. Such individuals will also get an extreme shift in the designation with time. The pharmaceutical sector of India serves the need of global demand for bulk drugs to 40% and vaccines to 30%. Some of the highest paying pharma companies in India include Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Aurobindo, Sun pharmaceuticals, Laurus Laboratories, Mylan Labs, Divis Labs, NATCO Pharma, Bharat Biotech, Gland Pharma, Santha Biotech, Biological-e Ltd, Aventis, Indian Immunological, Cadila.
Top Pharmaceutical Companies in India
- Golden opportunities private limited
- Jubilant biosys
- Applied Materials Inc
- Johnson and Johnson
- Sage therapeutics
How to Get a Job in the Pharmaceutical Industry
1. If an individual wishes to pursue a career in pharmaceutical sciences, the basic qualifications will be:
- A major in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, biology, pharmacy, and medicine in college.
- He/ she should be able to communicate, as they will be meeting people from various backgrounds.
- They must know how to handle disappointments.
2. They gain expertise in both hard and soft skills.
3. An undergraduate student should get internships and part-time jobs in the relevant field, to gain experience and skills, this will enhance their possibility of getting a job in top companies in the future.
4. Students must keep an eye on the various websites that carry the advertisements for many recruitments to ensure that they do not miss the opportunity.
5. They must create a proper Linkedin account with their updated information so that renowned companies can approach them if they possess all the necessary skills required for the same.
6. Candidates must try to secure admission to top colleges for pharmaceutical science such as Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ICT Mumbai, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Panjab University, etc. to increase their possibility of getting a job at top pharma companies.