The Director of Medicine Education (DME), Kerala is in charge of granting admission to interested candidates in the GNM course. The official authority provides enrolment to the candidates into Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Course offered at the Government of Nursing at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, and Kozhikode. Admission to the course will purely be given on a merit and assessment basis i.e. based on the marks acquired by the students in the qualifying examination. Find out more details about the Kerala GNM Admission 2023 important admission dates, eligibility criteria, application process, application fee, and other information given within this article.
Kerala GNM Admission 2023 Overview
|Admission Process Criteria||Merit-Based|
|Conducting Authority||Directorate of Medicine Education (Kerala)|
|Application Form||Available Soon|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
Kerala GNM Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Application form issue date||September 2023|
|Submission of application form||October 2023|
|Merit list release date||November 2023|
|Counseling/ Interview||December 2023|
- Only Indian Citizens who are of Kerala origin will be granted admission to the course.
- Candidates who have successfully passed the Plus-2 or correspondent examination via any recognized university in Kerala state or through the government of Kerala are required to apply.
- The above given academic qualification would be cleared with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as optional subjects and English with a total of 40% marks.
- Class 12th, ANM course from the faculties made known by INC is also eligible for admission.
- Aspirants should have finalized the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2023.
- The maximum age of the entrants should be 35 years as of the due date.
- No age bar is required for ANM contenders.
Kerala GNM Application Form
Seekers who are interested to fill out a form for Kerala GNM 2023, then go through the application procedure details as given hereby:
- First of all, open the authorized web portal of the university and after this, candidates need to download the application form and prospectus from the website of school.
- After checking all the instructions in the prospectus, start filling out the details in the application form.
- Ensure to input personal, contact, academic, and other details carefully in the application form.
- Also, upload scanned images of recent photographs and signatures of the candidates in the specified size on the university’s website.
- It is essential to provide all the vital particulars in the application with utmost care.
- Make sure to seek the print of the application form after the application form is completely filled.
The contenders need to make the payment of the application fee of INR 100/- and submit the original capital challan within the company of the filled application form.
The total number of seats available for the General Nursing & Midwifery Course for Kerala GNM Admission is 90. The details are given below:
- 30 seats for SC category candidates only- Thiruvananthapuram (Academic Block, PIPMS)
- 30 seats for SC candidates- Kozhikode
- 30 seats for ST only- Kottayam (Academic Block, Annexe Building)
Kerala GNM Results
The admissions outcome will be displayed on the website of the conducting body. DME will publish a general list with all the shortlisted candidates that will be entitled to admission.
To keep the admission process accurate and centralized, especially for students of medical fields, a strict counseling process is organized by the official authorities. The process start soon after the announcement of the results. Counseling will likely take place in one or more rounds vary as per the necessity. Here are the complete details about the counseling process for Kerala GNM:
- In Kerala, counseling is organized by the DME. Since there are only 90 seats for Kerala GNM, it will consist of only one round of counseling. The students should be present there.
- The dates of allotment will be declared by DME in the leading Malayalam daily newspapers and also on the authorized web page of the www.dmekerala.gov.in. No separate communication will be provided to the candidates.
- Allotment of colleges and seats will be held strictly by DME on the basis of the rank at the time of counseling and the option given and on the availability of seats.
- Candidates need to show up at the date and time in the allotment process and they must report at the venue for the allotment.
- If aspirants fail to appear for the counselling as per the schedule, then they will have their admission cancelled and the authorities will not considered them. However, in case the aspirant is unable to attend the allotment process for a genuine reason, they can get a proxy.