M.Sc Nursing Mental Health 2024: M.Sc. or Master in Science in Mental Health Nursing is basically a postgraduate Neurology course that is of 2 years duration. The other name for this course is Psychiatric Nursing. While pursuing this course, students will get to study ethics, counseling theory, career development, diagnostic strategies, and Group Counselling.
The main focus of the mental health nursing course is in clinical practice in an area of Mental Health Service Provision. The curriculum of this program covers mental health counseling research and practice, human development and growth, cultural and social foundations, lifestyle and career development, research and programme development, etc.
The basic purpose of this qualification is to evolve the practical and intellectual competencies of the qualifying student and to ease the student’s professional values to encourage the health of an individual, family, community, and group as a leader, specialist, and consultant in and as a member of the psychiatric/ nursing/ health team with the help of his/ her research, clinical and professional abilities. This course serves as a foundation for advanced learning.
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
M.Sc Nursing Mental Health 2024 Highlights
|Level of Course||Post Graduation|
|Duration of Course||2 years|
|Type of Examination||Semester System/ Year wise|
|Eligibility||Bachelors level of nursing degree from a University recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC)|
|Admission Process||Entrance Test/ Merit Based|
|Course Fees||Rs. 50000 to Rs. 1.5 Lacs|
|Average Initial Salary||INR 3 Lacs to 6 Lacs|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Charities, Clinics, Hospitals & Healthcare Centres, Community Units and Old Age Residential Homes, Rehabilitation Units, Colleges & Universities.|
|Job Positions||Psychiatric Technician, Mental Health Counsellor, Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellor, Behaviour Analyst, Substance Abuse Counsellor, Health Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Research Associate, Nurse/ Registered Nurse, Servicing Executives, Psychologist, Statistical Analyst, Dietician & Lifestyle Counsellor|
M.Sc Nursing Mental Health 2024 Important Dates
|Entrance exam||Application Start Date||Date of the Exam|
|AIIMS M.Sc. Exam||Last week of April – The third week of May 2024||First week of July 2024|
|CMC Vellore MSc Nursing Entrance Exam||Last week of May– The first week of June 2024||Fourth week of July 2024|
|INI CET||Last week of January – First week of March 2024||Second week of May 2024|
|PGIMER MSc Nursing Entrance Exam||First week of May 2024||First week of June 2024|
|GPAT||Third week of February – Third week of March 2024||Second week of April 2024|
M.Sc Nursing Mental Health 2024 Admission Process
Admission to MSc Psychiatric Nursing or Mental Health Nursing course is usually granted by considering the candidate’s marks in the entrance exam. The complete admission process in detail is discussed below.
- 1st Step: Entrance Exam: In the first step, candidates have to participate in the entrance exams. They need to pass the entrance exam with the necessary cutoff marks.
- 2nd Step: Registration for Counselling: In almost every institute or college, the seats are assigned via a centralized seat allocation process. So, after clearing the entrance exam, the candidates need to do the registration for themselves for counseling and seat allocation process.
- 3rd Step: Seat Allotment: Allotment of seats will be done based on the ranks of the aspirants. The allotment letters will be issued to the candidates who will be able to secure seats. They may also have to make the necessary payment for the Seat Acceptance Fee before accepting the seat.
- 4th Step: Document Verification: Those candidates who are allotted seats will be called for document verification at the institute. Aspirants need to produce all the relevant documents and submit them to the authority.
- 5th Step: Fee Payment and Enrollment: Those candidates who are termed as eligible will be enrolled in the course. During enrollment, they will be asked to pay the required admission fees in the form of a demand draft.
Students wishing to pursue the course are required to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Students who hold a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing course from an institute or university recognized by the Indian Nursing Council will be eligible for the mental health nursing course.
- It is compulsory for the aspirants to attain a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in their Bachelor’s level degree.
- Candidate must be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or its equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
Course Syllabus and Description
This is the syllabus for M.Sc. in Mental Health Nursing:
- Subjects of Study
- Introduction to Mental Health
- Mental Health – Positive Psychology
- Personality Theories
- Mild Mental Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Psychological Testing
- Neurological Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Master’s Thesis