Tamil Nadu GNM 2023: Aspirants who are seeking entry to the General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course should go through this article first. Admission to this course in the state of Tamil Nadu is completely directed by The Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu. While on the other hand, Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council is the exam organizing body. However, candidates can expect the application process to start in the second week of September.
Admissions are usually done on the basis of merit and vary as per the scores achieved by the students in the last qualifying test. This course is basically a 3-year diploma programme which is prepared for aspirants who want to pursue a career in the field of Nursing. The main aim of the course is to instruct the candidates in clinical nursing, ensuring to indulge in all the new practices and procedures in modern healthcare.
Tamil Nadu GNM 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Examination||Tamil Nadu GNM|
|Full-Form||Tamil Nadu General Nurse & Midwifery Course|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Tamil Nadu Nurses And Midwives Council|
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
Tamil Nadu GNM 2023 Important Dates
|Name of the Event||Important Dates|
|Application Process Commencement||Second Week of September 2023|
|Application Last Date||Last week of September 2023|
|Date of Examination||The second week of October 2023|
|Merit List||Notified soon|
|New Session Commencement||Notified soon|
Before starting the application process, we urge the applicants to understand the basic eligibility requirements first. Moreover, they must satisfy each and every point given below. If the candidates fail to satisfy the eligibility criteria, then there are high chances of an application form rejection.
- A candidate who is an Indian citizen will be permitted to take admission to the desired course.
- All genders will be eligible to take admitted into the course.
- It is necessary for the applicants to clear the examination of class HSC from the sciences background.
- Applicants who have passed the qualifying examinations of Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology as the mandatory subjects.
- General category candidates who have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination are eligible. Whereas, candidates belonging to the reserved category should have achieved 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The age of candidates should not be below 17 years of age as of 31st December 2023.
Tamil Nadu GNM 2023 Application Procedure
Aspirants are informed to go through a few steps that are given below in order to avoid the rejection of their application form:
- For the very first step, candidates have to go to the authorized web portal of Tamil Nadu General Nursing and Midwifery, where they will be navigated through the home page into the login section.
- Make sure to provide your valid email ID, name and phone number.
- Create a user id and all the details on your phone number/ email address so that any updates won’t be missed.
- In the next step, you have to log in with a valid username and password and begin filling in all your personal information and academic qualification and avoid making any kind of mistakes in the application form.
- Upload your scanned signature in the valid JPG/ JPEG format only.
- In addition to that, attest all the necessary documents for instance your class 10th mark sheet and the intermediate mark sheet.
- Go through all the information given by you while filling out the application form.
- Furthermore, go on to pay the application fee according to your category.
- After the fee payment is done, you should take the printout of the application confirmation page.
The cost of application is Rs. 200 and it must be submitted via Demand Draft which needs to be made in the favour of The Registrar, Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Chennai
Aspirants have to pass the past qualifying exams in order to gain admission, it will be based on the marks secured by them in those exams. Once all the applications are received by the authorities, they will design a selection list of the candidates on the basis of the scores secured by them in the academic tests. The same list will be uploaded on the authorized web portal of the university for their reference. However, officials will invite the selected candidates for further admission process on the basis of the grades attained by the aspirants in the past qualifying academics exams.
Since there is no entrance test, the institutions will grant direct admissions based on the merit the candidate has gained. Thus a good rank in the previous qualifying exam matters the most as it will grow the chances of a successful candidature. Post the successful submission of the online application, the entrant has to follow the following process. After the publishing of the merit list, shortlisted candidates as per the merit list will be able to take part in the counselling. The counselling takes place in an offline manner. As per the assigned time and date, the aspirant has to show up at the centre. Therefore, they must come fully prepared and produce all the documents in their original form. The session will involve a physical check-up of documents and a medical test of the candidate.