Nursing Courses After 12th 2024: One of the most sought professions after paramedical is Nursing. In India, there are top paramedical colleges in India offer Nursing courses that individuals can pursue after class 10+2. After passing 12th, Nursing courses after focusing on the processes and services and processes including first aid, taking care of patients, supervising doctors, etc.
GNM, ANM, Post Basic B.Sc Nursing, and B.Sc Nursing are the top nursing courses after intermediate. Aspirants can study any of these courses from top institutes such as CMC Vellore, AIIMS, PGIMER Chandigarh, etc. In order to pursue this course, aspirants have to pay the average fee which is INR 1,00,000 – 10,00,000 depending on the course type. This course has a vast job opportunity for the aspirants are Critical Care Nurses, Chief Nursing Officers, Registered Nurses, Nurse Educators, and Clinical Nurse Managers. Get more comprehensive information related to Nursing Courses After the 12th from this post.
List of Courses
Parul University B.Sc Nursing Admission 2023 (Open)– Apply Here!!!
Skills Required to Become a Nurse
- Communication Skills
- Emotional Stability
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Physical Endurance
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Quick Response
Nursing Courses Important Dates
|Name of Exam||Application Date||Exam Date|
|AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Exam||The second week of May 2024||The third week of June 2024|
|NEET||Third week of May 2024||The third week of July 2024|
|DSAT||Announced soon||Announced soon|
|ITM NEST||Announced soon||Announced soon|
The basic requirement to study any nursing course is qualifying 12th examination from a recognized board with an aggregate of 50% marks. Furthermore, based on the course level, the eligibility criteria is given hereby:
- Diploma Courses, Nursing Certificate Courses, and UG nursing courses require all the aspirants to clear the 12th examination from a recognized board of education. Class 10th-passed students can also apply for various certification courses.
- Postgraduate courses: Candidates who have done graduation with 50% marks in aggregate are also eligible.
Scope of Nursing After 12th
After pursuing the nursing courses, the aspirants need to do the registration under the State Nurse Registration Council. Once the registration is completed, aspirants can apply for jobs in both private and government hospitals.
The occupational areas for nursing are as under:
- Women’s health hospitals
- Mental health hospitals
Nursing Jobs After 12th
Candidates who pursue this course will be able to apply for their dream job after getting their license. Given below are some of the job roles that an aspirant can opt for after completing this course.
Chief Nursing Officer: CNO or Chief Nursing Officer is basically part of the senior management team. They are in charge of leading people and represent nurses as a spokesperson. They are also called a community leader who makes up between Rs. 9,00,0000-10,00,000/-
Critical Care Nurses: They are responsible for taking care of patients pre and post-operations. They are positioned as managers and policymakers who earn between INR 2,00,000-4,00,000/-
Nurse Educator: Nurse Educator trains nurses on how to take care of patients, and advises and teaches potential nurses. They need to create and teach the syllabus at the Undergraduate and postgraduate levels on the basis of their own qualifications. They get paid INR 4,00,000.
Registered Nurses: They interact and connect with patients on a daily basis, manage tests and take care of them. They observe their condition and help the doctor. A registered nurse get paid Rs. 5,00,000.
Clinical Nurse Manager: They are responsible for leading a group of nurses and making sure that there are an exact number of staff members in their units. They are required to keep a track of admission and discharging patients among other things. They make up to INR 3,00,000.
Job prospects and salary
Candidates completing courses as a nurse will be able to apply for jobs in healthcare facilities, clinics, community health centers, schools, residential care, rehabilitation centers, asylums, enterprises, and even the military forces on the basis of their talents, experience, and credentials. Nurses can work for the Indian Red Cross Society, Indian Nursing Council, etc.
|Nursing Assistant Average Salary||AIIMS Nursing Officer Salary|
The admission process depends on the type of course, here we have discussed the same in detail:
- Certificate Nursing Courses: Applicants who have passed classes 10th and 12th can apply.
- Diploma: Students who have completed the intermediate exam with an aggregate of 50% marks, or the candidates who hold a 2-year experience in GNM/ students who have completed a certification course in nursing of 6-9 months duration according to the Indian Nursing Council.
- UG: Candidates having 50% aggregate marks in 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology streams. Apart from the general eligibility criteria, individuals have to participate in the entrance examination also.
- PG: Candidates who complete the B.Sc Nursing Course, also need to pass the entrance examinations.
- Doctorate: A degree in MSc in Nursing is required in order to be eligible.